Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Who's in my Bed?

9:30pm: In bed early, oh happy day. Total bed occupancy (TBA): 2

10:00pm: Cats finish eating, cat #1 comes upstairs to sleep on my head. TBA: 3

10:30pm: Cat #2 joins cat #1, TBA: 4

10:31pm: Cat #1 upset at cat #2’s presence, fight ensues on top of my chest,
TBA: 3

11:30pm: Cat #1 apparently sound asleep or just over herself, allows cat #2
to sleep at the foot fo the bed. TBA: 4

12:30am: Cat #1 and cat #2 are done napping and now grooming…loudly.

I remove both from the bedroom. TBA: 2

3:00am: The baby is crying. I give her a few minutes to calm herself and go
back to sleep but it doesn’t work. I go into her room, sing sweet songs and rub her back. TBA: 1

3:15am: Baby is sleeping again. I return to bed and realize the cats have returned, and this time cat #3 has joined them. My pillow is a complete loss, the blanket has been commandeered. I grab a separate blanket and lay at an odd angle and go back to sleep. TBA: 5

3:50am: Baby is awake again. Cat #3, realizing that she is too fat to safely remain as high as the bed gets down. I go back into the baby’s room. Cat #2 follows me. TBA: 2

4:00am: Too tired to worry about her staying in her own bed any longer I take the baby back to bed with me. Cat #2 continues to follow. Cat #3 has decided comfort is more important than safety and returns to the bed. Cat #1 has reclaimed the pillow. Baby sleeps in the middle. I take up a fetal position, which is the only way I fit onto the bed. I feel like I’m in a John Denver song. TBA: 6

5:00am: Not sleeping anyway I get up. Cats #1, 2, and 3 all follow. Baby and wife stay in bed. John Denver symbolism continues. TBA: unknown at this time.

No comments: