Friday, February 27, 2009

That's One Way to Feel Special

I heard recently about what must be some really good ice cream. You can find it at a place called Serendipity in New York city. It’s a sundae, created to celebrate their fiftieth anniversary, and it only costs $1000. Yeah, one-thousand. Now, I’m not going to go into huge detail about what goes in to the sundae because that would bore me, with the exception of mentioning two ingredients: The first is the 23k gold topping (yeah, it’s edible) and the caviar that goes on the very top. Now, I truly like both gold and snails, but I think you would have to pay me $1000 to eat either one. Besides, that makes up a significant chunk of my mortgage, so I really can’t justify spending it on a bit of ice cream. I do like how the sundae is shaped like a middle finger pointed at all the middle and lower socioeconomic folks struggling through this economy, and a special fist shaped version is available for people like to mock Third World countries (ok, I made that last bit up, but you get what I mean).



Hmmm....






No comments: