Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just an Update

HEALTHY DAY PART 2

Last night I continued to eat healthy with heaping amounts of garlic (clears the bowels and other good things) on my sea food pasta (omega-3, the good fat). I added lots of spinach too, which is good for, well, everything. And of course this morning more lemon water and this afternoon many vegetables. Now after two grueling days all I can say is I WANT ICE CREAM REALLY BAD. It’s like a fetish. Ok, so it isn’t really like a fetish. But it’s still pretty sick the way I like ice cream so much.

BOISE TRIP PART 2

The trouble with writing about something that happened this far removed from the actual events is that I can’t remember the chronological order of things. I do remember my bad bathroom karma continuing as I was searching for a place to utilize (this was still when we were on our way there, just shy of the Idaho border) and every toilet there was had been previously used and abused and left in a state of utter grossness. I ended up using a women’s restroom that didn’t have a lock (the scenarios for what could have happened are just scary). I was hoping that would be the end of my bad bathroom karma, but sadly it was not. After we had finally made it to Boise I once again had to, well, you know, and the facilities were adequate but alas there wasn’t a roll in sight. Thank goodness I looked before I did anything everyone would regret! More on the bad karma later….

We spend a lot of time visiting with our friends the Wiesel’s who live in a cool old house with four rowdy but wonderful children and two massive dogs. They work with refugees from Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and so on, mostly Muslims. They do their work out of their home, which makes for much random fun when the ethnics come over. I have begun speaking to the about the Emergent church movement and now they want us to start a church up there. That would be fun….

TODAY
You’d think I could manage to get to work on time (8:30) when I woke up at 3:30, but no. No worries though, today was a day of meetings, also known as a throw-away day because nothing useful happens. Dinner with the parents tonight, some healthy salmon.

1 comment:

JG said...

bowel cleansing = excessive self-disclosure ;)